The Association of Independent Funeral Professionals (AIFP) aims to be the leading association for those involved in the end-of-life, death, dying and funeral services domains in Australia and across the globe.
MISSION, VISION & VALUES STATEMENT
The AIFP openly advocates, promotes and enhances development opportunities for all who contribute to the funeral services industry.
To be the leading association for those involved in the funeral services industry in Australia and across the globe.
Advocacy & Accountability
Through advocacy and accountability, we support out members across the industry
Innovation & Inclusion
Welcoming and creating new ideas and thought leadership for the funeral services industry.
Fairness & Integrity
We incorporate fairness, integrity and equity in our operations and our decision making.
Dedication to Excellence
We strive to constantly improve performance across all areas of the Association, development and industry.
GUIDELINES FOR USE OF AIFP LOGO
With the establishment of the AIFP, a logo was designed for marketing purposes.
To provide guidelines for the use of the logo generally and specifically for the purposes of members displaying the AIFP logo on their websites or on/in other marketing collateral.
To ensure the responsible, fair and reasonable use and application of the AIFP logo for all members. To ensure that only paid up members have the right to use the logo in their marketing collateral.
To ensure that it is understood that the display of the AIFP logo is only indicative of current membership of the entity and not in any way a recommendation or endorsement by the Association of any of its members.
Members may use the AIFP on websites, social media and in printed marketing collateral.
Members will in no way intimate or suggest – implicitly or explicitly – that the display of the logo is a recommendation or endorsement by the Association.
Only paid up members may use the Association logo in their materials. If membership lapse or ceases Members agree to remove all applications of the logo from all their online and printed marketing materials.
Any questions, comments or suggestions relating to these guidelines can be addressed in writing to email@example.com
Our Code of Conduct and Practice
As end-of-life, death care, funeral service and allied service providers, as is relevant to our service offerings we:
- hereby acknowledge our individual and collective obligations to the public in particular the families that we represent.
- make it our mutual responsibility to improve the high standards of our profession.
- ensure our business are operated in a manner that protects the industry’s positive reputation, our employees and the families we support through sound business practices and being appropriately insured.
- vigilantly support all public health and consumer laws and regulations, local, state and federal.
- uphold a professional responsibility, maintain our character, integrity and honesty in all dealings with the public and our suppliers.
- maintain confidentiality in our business and professional relationships.
- respect all faiths, creeds and observe all respect due to the deceased with competence and dignity in the conduct of our services.
- promise to make no representations, written or oral, which may be false or misleading to the public in regard to funerals and funeral prices.
- provide every family with a written estimate or invoice of the cost of the funeral including all disbursements at the time of the arrangement or shortly thereafter.
- promise to make sure that any funds prepaid for funerals will be invested with the appropriate funeral bond company with the specified time limits as specified by the fund provider or the legislator in your state or territory.
- make sure that we enhance public awareness of the funeral industry and its services and responsibilities.
- support higher educational standards and proper licensing laws, encourage research and adoption of improved techniques and methods.
- ensure our actions, words and deeds, will be fair, truthful and beneficial for the greater good of the community.